Come join a robust non-profit organization that has accomplished nothing less than the extraordinary for waterfowl, wetlands and hunting in California, fueled by the passion of its dedicated staff, volunteers, members and donors!
CWA is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented team player to support all shipping, receiving and inventory management functions in our warehouse operations in Roseville, California. The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for executing the primary shipping, receiving and inventory-control functions for merchandise CWA uses for fundraising, membership and donor-support activities including following all manual and data-entry procedures; putting inventory in the appropriate warehouse storage locations; shipping/dispositioning merchandise in support of member, donor and fundraising orders; and maintaining a safe, organized and clean warehouse. Executing this job well improves CWA’s ability to carry out its mission because customer satisfaction helps increase membership numbers and donations that fund programs.
The Warehouse Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and Data Analytics and works closely with/provides support to the Warehouse Operations Manager, Fundraising, Development and all other Departments.
The job is a permanent, full-time position and includes benefits.
Desired background and attributes
• Two years’ experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g. shipping and receiving, inventory control) preferred.
• Able to comfortably use warehouse equipment including step stool, warehouse ladders and stairs; must have the ability to lift 35 lbs. overhead and 50 lbs. to knees.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time as well as endure variable climates in both summer and winter periods.
• Able to prioritize competing tasks, organize and maintain information/paperwork, meet shipping deadlines and customer service level goals in a dynamic environment.
• Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
• Team player with a positive, friendly demeanor.
• Proficiency with software programs including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), familiarity with inventory-management software strongly desired.
• Ability to use interpersonal skills, including effective listening, diplomacy and tact, to interact positively and professionally with members, co-workers and volunteers.
• Become familiar with and remain conversant in the organization’s programs and activities, and with the culture of its membership.
Please send your expression of interest, resume and expression of interest and compensation expectations to Pat Mastrantonio at email@example.com.