All of the work California Waterfowl accomplishes each year wouldn’t be possible without the army of volunteers who donate their time to the hunt and youth programs, assist with waterfowl conservation and do the heavy lifting of organizing and running our fundraising dinners throughout the state. Many others have dedicated themselves to supporting and promoting the overall mission of CWA as we work to protect and enhance California’s wetlands, waterfowl and hunter conservationists.
At this year’s State Convention we honored the outstanding contributions of a select few volunteers to our conservation programs.
- Hunt Program Service Award – Travis Goldman
- BOW Service Award – Maria Rawls
- Youth Education Award – Eric Laursen
- Farmer Friendly Award- Mark Richter of Richter Brothers
- Egg Salvage Dedication and Service Award – Chris Fulster
- Bellrose Award (wood duck program) – Anthony & John Iaccarino
- Grant Kenyon Award (legislative leadership) – Frank Billeci, Jr.
- Ambassador Award (So. Cal.) – Mike Marshall, Rick Vega and Devon Vega
- Ray Lewis Lifetime Achievement Award – Rich Radigonda
We also recognized individuals whose generous contributions and extraordinary volunteerism in support of the grassroots fundraising programs helped raise $2.3 million this year.
- Rogers Johnson – Watsonville
- Jason Davis – Modesto
- Robert Dowdall – Blackhawk
- Adam Westlakd – Inter Mountain
- Mackenzie Warnock – Inter Mountain
- Matthew Holzwarth – Chico
- Jerry Urban – multiple committees
- Ryan Steindorf – Davis
- Katie Adams – Gustine
- Brad Hulbert – Los Gatos, Butte Creek Farms
- Jim Roberts
- Michael Suplita
The best performing dinners were announced with the Blackhawk dinner taking this year’s title as top performer, netting nearly $400,000. Davis was the best grossing medium event (150-250 attendees) and Los Gatos was the top small dinner. The Hollister Land and Cattle dinner signed up 40 life members while both the Rice-N-Dice BBQ and Lake Almanor dinner were recognized for their growth in attendees and fundraising.