California Waterfowl is offering Camp Sprig scholarships for youths who were affected by the Camp Fire.
What this is: Scholarships for 100% of the Camp Sprig registration fee – tuition is free if selected. Camp Sprig scholarships will be issued from the Camp Fire Scholarship Fund.
Who this is for: Youth ages 10-17 who were affected by the Camp Fire.
Deadline: Open until filled.
How can I apply? An application form is at the end of this page.
Camps eligible for scholarships: All Camp Sprig camps:
LEVEL 1 CAMPS – Level 1 is for youth who have NOT completed hunter education
• May 17-19 at Rancho Esquon (Sacramento Valley)
• June 9-13 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• June 23-27 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• July 14-18 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• July 26-28 Family Camp (includes adult parents/guardians) at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• September 7-8 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• November 8-10 at Bird Haven Ranch (Sacramento Valley) – includes hunt
LEVEL 2 CAMPS
• June 16-20 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
• July 7-11 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
LEVEL 3 CAMP (for youth who have already attended a Level 2 camp)
• July 21-24 at Grizzly Ranch (Suisun Marsh)
What the camps include:
- Hunter Education (at Level 1 camps only, and youth must pass test to earn certificate)
- Shooting instruction (shotgun and rifle – all firearms are provided)
- Archery instruction (equipment provided)
- Hunting skills instruction (hunting safety, hunting tactics, waterfowl ID, duck calling)
- Fun camp activities (kayaking, fishing, campfire, crafts)
- Meals and snacks (we can accommodate most special dietary needs)
- Camp T-shirt, backpack, hat, duck calls and more
- One year membership in CWA (adds a year to current members)
- Who’s teaching: CWA camps are taught by trained staff and volunteers, all of whom must pass background checks.
For further information, contact Jeff Smith, 530-305-9234 (email Jeff)
To learn more about California Waterfowl’s hunter training programs for people of all ages, click here.